Chevalet De Marqueteire

//Chevalet De Marqueteire
Chevalet De Marqueteire 2015-07-15T08:56:57+00:00
  • Creator
    Topic

Bilbo
    Participant

Hi from South Africa.

I am interested in connecting with fellows woodworkers who are using a Chevalet. Am also interested treadle powered tools and hop that forum members could point me in some useful direction. I work predominantly with hand tools, traditional methods, hide and bone glue and am currently setting up a historic woodwright’s shop at our museum, teaching teenagers hand skills.

All the best from ZA

• Author
    Replies
  • Bill
    Participant

I’m just getting into marquetry.  I bought plans for a chevalet from the American School of French Marquetry. I’ll be posting my build progress when I build it. I would start with the ASFM. I will also be putting some more articles in the inlay and marquetry forum on this site as I get time. As for treadle powered tools, perhaps others here have some info.

• Nikk
    Participant

Hi Bilbo,

where in ZA is your Museum located? I’ll be in CT in October and would love to come by if it’s not to far away. No experience with Marqueterie though, but with hand tool woodworking in general.

Regards from Germany

Nikk

• Bilbo
      Participant

Hi Nikk

The Drotsdy Museum is in Swellendam, about 2 hours drive from Cape Town on the N2 highway. Would be great to chat to a fellow enthusiast. I live just a few minutes from the museum. Send me a PM and I will give you my email and phone number
      Cheers
      Bilbo

• tcaley4
    Participant

Check out the Marquetry book by Pierre Ramond.  It has plans for a chevalet.  Book is no longer in print, but you should be able to find one at your local library.  If they don’t have a copy, they can get you one through inter-library loan from other libraries.

• Bilbo
    Participant

Hi tcaley

I have a copy of Pierre Ramond’s book.Thanks for posting

• Nikk
    Participant

Hi Bilbo,

There’s no option to send you a PM in your profile. I’ll ask Josh to send you my email and then you can reply to me.

Would love to connect, although I don’t know yet if we can make it to Swellendamn, since we are traveling with a small kid.

All the best!

nikolaus

• Nikk
    Participant

Hi Bilbo,

added my website to my profile tonight, please go there and send me a email to get in touch. There’s no option for privat messages so far in this forum.

Best!

Nikk

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join

Wood and Shop in your inbox?

Subscribe to get Joshua's free traditional woodworking videos, articles & news:

You have Successfully Subscribed!