• Creator
    Topic

Red5hft
    Participant

Here is my Fulton hand plane family to date. Fulton Tool Co. brand was launched by Sears, Roebuck and Co. in the fall of 1902 offering circular (wood mill) saw blades and handsaws. In the fall of 1904, the line of Fulton tools was expanded with a broad line of hand planes manufactured by Sargent & Co. After serving as the premier line of hand tools offered by Sears, Roebuck and Co. for 4 decades, the Fulton line was phased out in 1944 in favor of their latest in house brand, Craftsman.

The type study is going well and have recently acquired a first edition plane from 1904-09 (long one far right). Also a rare Fulton combination plane made by Sargent Tool Co. (back right), only offered from 1925-27. This plane was chromium coated to inhibit rust, rather than the more expensive nickel plating.

I am very excited to finally be able to document and accurately place these fine historic tools on a timeline, something never available for the complete line of Fulton planes.

If you have a Fulton plane and would like to share photos with me to assist with my study, I will respond with any information I have on where your plane may fit in history. Please include the dimensions of the plane, clear photos of the complete plane, iron trademark, bed and cheek markings, depth and lateral adjuster and frog face. Email [email protected]

Also below are a couple of photos of other planes that have found new homes in the hands of genuine enthusiasts.

“Whether you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join