• Creator
    Topic

BFgeronimo
    Participant

Hey guys, I just made a replacement front handle for my brother’s Bailey hand plane and the screw to attach it is missing. Nothing we have will fit so I am guessing it is a specialty screw. Anybody know where I can get a replacement that will fit it?

OWOF

• Author
    Replies
  • Don
    Participant

Plane Parts

You might try eBay as they have sellers that deal in plane parts, but they can be pricey.  You might try google and search on Stanley parts.  A third effort can be aimed and buying an old Stanley/Baily for parts.  There is a lot out there to find.  Wish you luck.

• James Wright
    Participant

Are you missing the threaded rod or just the brass nut? if just the brass nut I may have one to send you. if the threaded rod I would have to know what type Stanley plane it is so I know how long a rod you need.

You can find out white type it is here if you do not already know. http://hyperkitten.com/tools/stanley_bench_plane/

• BFgeronimo
    Participant

Missing the threaded rod for the front knob. Thanks for the link. I’ll have him bring it over again and research it. He did a real nice job restoring it and it cuts beautifully. I just turned the knob for him and I tried to fit it with some of my planes, but they are all threaded differently. We can re-tap it if necessary, but would like to avoid that if we can.

OWOF

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join