Stanley No. 80 Scraper

//Stanley No. 80 Scraper
Stanley No. 80 Scraper 2015-07-15T17:03:13+00:00
  • Creator
    Topic

jeffh
    Participant

Here is the before picture of this Stanley No. 80 scraper.  It started off very rusty.Stanley-No-80-before

And here are a couple of pictures after I removed the rust in my blasting cabinet and powder coated it using my powder coating system from EastwoodStanley-No.-80-after1Stanley-No.-80-after2Stanley-No.-80-after1

Stanley-No.-80-after2

Attachments:
  • Author
    Replies
  • Jacob Dubail
    Participant

Nice work! That looks great. I need to powder coat a few old tools, so thanks for sharing that link.

I had an old #80 sitting around that I didn’t know what to do with until I found a few Paul Seller’s blog posts and videos: https://paulsellers.com/2013/07/cabinet-scrapers-answering-whats-needed-in-real-woodworking-realms/ Can’t live without it now!

• Morbius
    Participant

Powder Coating Tools

I know that Japanning was the traditional finish for many tools, but powder coating seems like a smart modern solution, especially if you want a durable finish that. That #80 looks new!

Craig

• amatvey14
    Participant

Wow, looking at everyone else’s accomplishments, I guess I am pretty far behind on my tool collection.

• arthur robertsons
    Participant

This is unique and seems vintage type of scraper. Perhaps many things this tools had done so far, and looks pretty rare stuff. Today, most woodworkers and carpenters are using planes than of this scraper.

Regards,

Arthur|http://caldwells.com/interior-doors

• Mike in TN
    Participant

That really looks fantastic. Obviously, I need to get into powder coat finishing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join

Wood and Shop in your inbox?

Subscribe to get Joshua's free traditional woodworking videos, articles & news:

You have Successfully Subscribed!