• Creator
    Topic
    Bilbo
    Participant

What an amazing find I had yesterday afternoon. I have wanted one of these for many years but they are quite rare nowadays. It is in beautiful condition, the knives are razor sharp and it works perfectly. A large cast iron mitre trimmer is one of those item that when you have one, you wonder how on earth you got by without one. I am a very happy chap!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    • Jonas Jensen
      Participant

I had a Danish model of those once, “Jyden” as far as I remember. you operated it by a pedal and then it was just a matter of keeping hands away.

I had to get rid of it. The thing distracted me so much. Every time I was in the workshop I had to try to trim the end of a board or a small piece of wood.

In the end I traded it for a motorized chipper/shredder for the garden.

I did managed to produce some nice picture frames while I had it though.
      Brgds
      Jonas

• Bilbo
      Participant

Hi Jonas
      For me it was either search for a good heavy old mitre trimmer or fork out for a shooting plane…..the trimmer came first at a much cheaper price than I could import a Veritas or Lie Nielsen shooting plane here in South Africa

• Jonas Jensen
      Participant

Hi Bilbo

I can totally understand that you had to buy it. It is such a cool piece of machinery.

I have two young boys who are very dedicated to helping out in the shop, and I am afraid that they would somehow end up loosing a finger if I got hold of one of one of them again.

I had a colleague on my former ship, whose brother in law made some really nice furniture out of railroad sleepers in South Africa. But apart from that, I must confess that I know absolutely nothing about your country when it comes to woodworking.

Have fun with the guillotine (somehow that didn’t sound right).

Brgds

Jonas

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.