Wadkin Adjustable guillotine

//Wadkin Adjustable guillotine
Wadkin Adjustable guillotine 2015-07-15T10:06:01+00:00
  • Creator
    Topic

Bilbo
    Participant

What an amazing find I had yesterday afternoon. I have wanted one of these for many years but they are quite rare nowadays. It is in beautiful condition, the knives are razor sharp and it works perfectly. A large cast iron mitre trimmer is one of those item that when you have one, you wonder how on earth you got by without one. I am a very happy chap!!

• Author
    Replies
  • Jonas Jensen
    Participant

I had a Danish model of those once, “Jyden” as far as I remember. you operated it by a pedal and then it was just a matter of keeping hands away.

I had to get rid of it. The thing distracted me so much. Every time I was in the workshop I had to try to trim the end of a board or a small piece of wood.

In the end I traded it for a motorized chipper/shredder for the garden.

I did managed to produce some nice picture frames while I had it though.
    Brgds
    Jonas

• Bilbo
    Participant

Hi Jonas
    For me it was either search for a good heavy old mitre trimmer or fork out for a shooting plane…..the trimmer came first at a much cheaper price than I could import a Veritas or Lie Nielsen shooting plane here in South Africa

• Jonas Jensen
    Participant

Hi Bilbo

I can totally understand that you had to buy it. It is such a cool piece of machinery.

I have two young boys who are very dedicated to helping out in the shop, and I am afraid that they would somehow end up loosing a finger if I got hold of one of one of them again.

I had a colleague on my former ship, whose brother in law made some really nice furniture out of railroad sleepers in South Africa. But apart from that, I must confess that I know absolutely nothing about your country when it comes to woodworking.

Have fun with the guillotine (somehow that didn’t sound right).

Brgds

Jonas

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join

Wood and Shop in your inbox?

Subscribe to get Joshua's free traditional woodworking videos, articles & news:

You have Successfully Subscribed!