Woodworking Travel

//Woodworking Travel
Woodworking Travel 2015-07-15T09:27:08+00:00
  • Creator
    Topic

Mike in TN
    Participant

Any time I travel I always look for opportunities to either shop for traditional tools, meet up with fellow woodworkers or to examine examples of woodwork. As an example, when in London several years ago, I discovered the stunning collections in the Victoria and Albert Museum. I am planning on going back to the same area soon and I was hoping that some of the forum readers had suggestions on tool sources, shops or collections they have come across, not just in the UK but anywhere they have traveled.

• Author
    Replies
  • Bill
    Participant

If you’re interested in logging tools (heavy hand tools – not skidders!) there is a guy named Bill Fischer in Ontonagon MI that has access to a bunch.  He owns a business called Ontonagon Consignment Company.  You can find it via Google.  If you’re looking for something particular, give him a call.  His locale is fairly remote.  It on the Keeweenaw peninsula of the UP of MI.  You won’t get there by accident!  Regardless, he’s a good guy that will treat you fairly.  I’ve worked with him on a couple things and he’s been good to work with.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join

Wood and Shop in your inbox?

Subscribe to get Joshua's free traditional woodworking videos, articles & news:

You have Successfully Subscribed!