FREE HOWARTH BOW SAW PLANS & RESOURCES
Below you will find resources and plans for building the Howarth Bow Saw, as mentioned in the DVD “Building the Historic Howarth Bow Saw with Bill Anderson“.
BILL ANDERSON’S FREE HOWARTH BOW SAW DOWNLOADS:
- PDF plans for the Howarth Bow Saw
- PDF plans for the Howarth Coping Saw
- PDF plans for the Melhuish Bow Saw
- PDF guide to turning the bow saw handles
- PDF guide to bow saw blades / webs
- PDF guide for taper reaming for bow saw pins
- PDF article “Why Tapered Bowsaw Pins?”
- Buy the DVD “Building the Historic Howarth Bow Saw with Bill Anderson”
- Link to Bill Anderson’s Popular Woodworking article “Make a Shapely Bowsaw”
- (If you’re having trouble downloading the PDFs, try a different browser as some browsers have had problems)
- Link to Bill Anderson’s web profile
LIST OF TOOLS USED IN THE VIDEO:
- Bill’s Bowsaw brass pins: Bill has these custom made, and you can contact Bill here to purchase them. Bill has pins for both the Howarth (15”) and the Melhuish (6”) saws. Each set of pins are $45 plus $3 shipping.
- Bill can also supply handles for $25/pair. Prices are subject to change.
- Other tools: Coming soon!
PHOTOS FROM THE HOWARTH BOW SAW VIDEO SHOOT: