In the above video you’ll see a fantastic tutorial by Colonial Williamsburg craftsman Brian Weldy. He was kind enough to share a tutorial on how to turn a spindle using a historic foot-powered treadle lathe. Wood turning requires great skill, and Brian exhibits it in this video.
I filmed this skill tutorial (and several other skill tutorials) inside the 18th Century Anthony Hay Cabinet Shop at Colonial Williamsburg.
Here are all my videos & articles of the Anthony Hay’s Cabinetmaking Shop at Colonial Williamsburg:
- Anthony Hay’s Cabinetmaking Shop Tour part 1
- Anthony Hay’s Cabinetmaking Shop Tour part 2
- Anthony Hay’s Cabinetmaking Shop Tour part 3
- Secret Mitered Dovetails with Kaare Loftheim at Colonial Williamsburg
- Treadle Lathe Wood Turning at Colonial Williamsburg Hay Cabinet Shop
- Resawing Wide Boards at Colonial Williamsburg Hay Cabinet Shop
- Dry Fitting a Walnut Chair with Brian Weldy at Colonial Williamsburg
- Stunning Colonial Williamsburg Mother Plane Collection
Below are photographs that I took at my previous visits to the Anthony Hay cabinet shop at historical Colonial Williamsburg:
Discover a treasure trove of woodworking knowledge by visiting the Anthony Hay Cabinet Shop blog.
Yeah, it’s fun to watch, isn’t it Roslyn!
Good day Joshua. My name is Ron Mack. I live in a small comminity called State Road ,North Carolina. 630 Adams Ridge Road, 28676 We’re located just south of the Virginia state line in the foothills of the Blue Ridge. This is the county Pilot Mountain and the town of Mount Airy is located. Surry county. Asking someone that loves what you do to choose which of your videos they like best is like asking a parent to choose which… Read more »