Moravian Bench

//Moravian Bench
Moravian Bench 2015-12-13T22:37:14+00:00
  • Creator
    Topic

dperrott
    Participant

Has anyone made the Moravian workbench? I’ve been thinking about making another bench. Started with the Sellers bench, which has been good but it was the first thing I ever made, and have changed work methods. I think I want a flush mounted vise. I have only used a record style vise mounted proud. Have no experience with a flush mounted vise or the leg style vise. I do like its portable. I live in an apartment and will eventually move. Guess I could make one of the leg style vises like it has and just use my iron vise as a tail vise. I was thinking a Klauss scandanavian style but this one seems like a simpler build.

1 user thanked author for this post.
  • Author
    Replies
  • Rexus
    Participant

I found it hard to decide which vise configuration to use as well.  So I am taking the trial and error approach.

I am in the middle of making my Moravian Bench, using Will Myers’ guide as a starting point.

Initially I am going with a pipe clamp based leg vise, but leave enough room on the end (outside the leg) for a record style vise.

I like the idea of the wagon vise, but won’t add it until it’s needed.

IMG_2230
    IMG_2240

• michaelmicksr
    Participant

Was wondering been wanting to build this workbench because I don’t have a big space for a shop has anyone built one yet and how do you like it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join

Wood and Shop in your inbox?

Subscribe to get Joshua's free traditional woodworking videos, articles & news:

You have Successfully Subscribed!