Welcome to the Hand Tool Forum!

//Welcome to the Hand Tool Forum!
Welcome to the Hand Tool Forum! 2015-06-02T18:22:11+00:00
  • Creator
    Topic

Joshua Farnsworth
    Keymaster

Please feel free to create new topics about woodworking hand tools like sharpening, refurbishing, using, & collecting handplanes, handsaws, workbenches, braces, marking tools, etc.

Sincerely,

Joshua Farnsworth

• Author
    Replies
  • Bill
    Participant

Thanks for putting this together Joshua.  I’m looking forward to using it and talking with other folks who enjoy hand tool woodworking.

Quick question: do you think a forum for inlay/veneering/marquetry would go over well?  I’m getting into it and would love a place to discuss the topics in detail.  I’m sure others would, too.

One of my upcoming projects is to build a chevalet de marqueterie like those used at the American School of French Marquetry in San Diego.  I hope to train there next spring, too.  I’d go sooner, but I get to go do a week with Roy Underhill and Bill Anderson in September!  So many cool courses….so little time (and money).  Regardless, I think a forum for inlay and such would go over well.

Thanks again!

Bill

• Joshua Farnsworth
      Keymaster

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your suggestion! Yes, I would absolutely love to create a forum dedicated to inlay/veneering/marquetry, if you think people would participate thereon. Would you be willing to make several initial posts w/ photos & videos, then invite people to join you on the forum?

• Bill
    Participant

I’d be happy to help get things started.  It will be a little while before I can do videos and such, but as I do more veneering and inlay I’ll document it as I go.  It will be a few weeks but that time will fly by.

Bill

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join

Wood and Shop in your inbox?

Subscribe to get Joshua's free traditional woodworking videos, articles & news:

You have Successfully Subscribed!