In the above video, handplane expert Bill Anderson shows how to tune and use an antique wooden moving fillister plane. He shows how to cut cross-grain rabbets and long grain rabbets, the most used joints with a moving fillister hand plane (rebate joints for our British friends).
This full tutorial video is a free excerpt from my 2-disc DVD “Choosing, Refurbishing, & Using Joinery Handplanes with Bill Anderson” (buy it here).
You can find antique and new moving fillister planes at these places:
- Search eBay for wooden moving fillister planes
- Search eBay for Stanley for No. 289 Moving fillister plane
- Search eBay for Stanley for 78 or 778 Metal Moving Fillister Plane
- Find antique moving fillister planes at Jim Bode’s store
- And here’s my favorite new moving fillister plane (Veritas Skew Rabbet Plane)